The Dealer License Renewal system is now online!
Before you can renew your Dealer License online you must first create an account on ky.gov.
If you have already created this account you may skip down to ONLINE DEALER LICENSE RENEWAL
Below are instructions to set up a new account:
Go to https://secure.kentucky.gov/register and complete the registration form. We recommend writing this information down for future reference
- Choose a Username
- Enter a Password (requirements are listed on the right side of their webpage)
- Enter Password (again)
- Enter Email
- Select Security question 1
- Enter Security question 1 answer
- Select Security Question 2
- Enter Security question 2 answer
- Answer the “Are you human?” Google Captcha
- Check the box “I’m not a robot”
- Select images as directed
- Enter First Name
- Enter Last Name
- Submit registration by clicking on the Complete registration button
SEND YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION TO MVC FOR ACCESS TO ONLINE RENEWAL APPLICATION
Once the account has been created, email your online renewal application access request with the following information to [email protected] or [email protected] at the KY Motor Vehicle Commission and send us the following information:
- Dealer name
- Dealer number
- Employee name
- Employee Kentucky.gov Username only (DO NOT send passwords)
- Employee email
- Employee date of birth
MVC will process your request and notify you when you can access the application with the submitted Kentucky.gov Username(s)
ONLINE LICENSE RENEWAL INFORMATION
The Dealer License Renewal starts October 1 and now must be submitted online.
After the Motor Vehicle Commission processes your Kentucky.gov account go to mvc.ky.gov scroll down and on the right-hand side of the screen click on the Renew Dealer License in the blue box. Login with your Kentucky.gov username and password.
To renew the dealer’s license, you will need the following information:
- Dealer’s Federal Tax ID number,
- Date business licensed,
- The total number of vehicles sold last year.
- You will need to scan and upload a copy of the dealer’s certificate of insurance. (must be less than 3 MB in file size), and
- You will also need a form of payment (Example: credit card or bank info/ACH payment).
For salesperson licenses you will need the following for each salesperson:
- Salesperson names, and
- Salesperson Date of Birth.
When renewing your dealer license, the first two primary owners are included in the total. Do not added them as salespersons. If you have more owners than listed in the application, they can be added as salespersons. You must renew your salesperson licenses and the dealer licenses at the same time. Once completed, you will be able to print both the dealer’s and salesperson licenses.
There is no longer a need to have salesperson licenses stamped at the Frankfort office. Please remember to make two copies of your salesperson licenses, one for posting in the dealership and the other for the salesperson.
During your renewal, please have all your information/documents ready because once you start you cannot save your work until the end, if you exit out of the system you will have to start over. You will have a chance to review your work before completing. Be sure to check your work for mistakes. From the review page, you can go back and edit the information and make changes before completion.
If you have any questions please contact us, or if you have technical difficulties with the website contact the support services listed on the website.
ONLINE DEALER LICENSE RENEWAL
If you have already created your account and it has been processed by the Motor Vehicle Commission then you may renew you Dealer License Renewal here. Just click the link below and login to your ky.gov account.
- Application for Motor Vehicle Dealer License
- Application for Motor Vehicle Manufacturer/Distributor License
- Vehicle Purchase Complaint
- KY Motor Vehicle Dealer or Manufacturer Temporary Employee Transportation Permit for Dealer Plate Usage
- Motor Vehicle Dealer or Manufacturer’s Dealer Plate Usage Authorization Register
- Affidavit Supporting Application for License Plates for Manufacturers & Dealers
- Certificate of Sales Tax Paid on the Purchase of a Motor Vehicle