Motor Vehicle Fees
Kentucky Revised Statute Section 64.012 as amended by House Bill 537, mandates the following fee changes:
– Motor Vehicle Renewal: $21.00
– Motor Vehicle Renewal of 10,000lb Plates or Greater: Varies by Weight
– Motor Vehicle Transfer: $17.00
– Motor Vehicle Title Application: $9.00
– Title Lien Statement: $22.00
– Permanent Handicap Placard: The first one is $0.00. The second one is $10.00
– Temporary Handicap Placard: $0.00
– Duplicate Title Fee: $6.00
– Duplicate Registration Fee: $3.00
– Lien penalty for late MV Taxes: $2.00
For more information or questions about Motor Vehicle fees, call 270.651.3783 or correspond to us by e-mail.
Please know the Barren County Clerk’s Office is only responsible for the collection of these taxes. The values assessed and placed into the computer system and ultimately printed onto the renewal notices are the responsibility of the Office of Property Valuation, Motor Vehicle Tax Branch. If you have any questions regarding your tax bill, you may contact our PVA Office directly at 270.651.2026.