loader image
Learn about the safe, effective COVID-19 vaccines and find where to get vaccinated at vaccine.ky.gov


A lien is a legal claim on the property of another for the satisfaction of a debt. This includes consumer goods, personal property, automobiles, boats, household goods, and business equipment. Motor Vehicle Lien releases and filings are handled at the Barren County Clerk’s Office.

All UCC filings are to be made in Kentucky to the Secretary of State except for the Motor Vehicle Title Liens (to be filed in the Lien Dept.) and Fixture Filings (to be filed in the Legal Records area.) The Secretary of State’s UCC Forms website has UCC Filing Forms available for download in Adobe format.

For additional information contact the Secretary of State’s office at 502.573.0265.

Skip to content