Recording & Indexing
The following Documents are accepted
- Powers of Attorney
- Wills and name changes
- Assignments and Releases
- Fixture filing / UCC Filings
- Corporation Document Type Fees
Kentucky Revised Statue Section 64.012 as amended by House Bill 537, mandates the following fee changes:
Articles of Corporation: $11.00
Articles of Amend: $11.00
Certificate of Authority: $11.00
Discontinuing a Business Name: $11.00
Registration of DBA (Sole Property): $13.00
Registration of DBA (Sec. of St.): $11.00
Reason for Rejection of Documents:
- Document is not notarized.
- Lacks Notary expiration date.
- Notary did not date notarization
- Incorrect filing fee amount.
- Plat has not been recorded. Please check with surveyor.
- Another County.
- Release has incorrect book and page number.
- Title Source incomplete.
- Deed lacks In-Care-Of tax address for the property.
- Needs a legal description of property.
- Check not signed.
- Document submitted is not original. Must have original to record.
- Need the mailing address of Grantor/Grantee.
- Power of Attorney requires two disinterested witnesses as per KRS 457.050 effective 07.15.2018
- As pertains to specific document(s)
2020 Recording Fees
Effective January 1, 2020
* Add $3.00 for every page over the first five (5) pgs
# Add $3.00 for every page over the first thirty (30) pgs