**The Application for Appointment must be signed by a county official before mailing to the Secretary of State.
Notary Public Appointment (KRS 423.010)
The Professional License Department handles applications for notary public commissions. The notary public commission is valid for four (4) years.
The following requirements must be met:
– Eighteen (18) years of age, of good moral character, and cannot be a convicted felon.
– Application for Appointment to the Office of Notary Public Form can be picked up in the Barren County Clerk’s Office. For your convenience, these applications are already signed by the County Clerk, Helena Chase Birdwell. You may also download the application from the Secretary of State’s Office...
– Forward application of $10 to the Secretary of State’s Office. The Secretary of State’s Office will notify you by mail of approval.
– After securing bonding, bring the following to the Professional License Department:
- -Proof of bonding OR any individual owning at least $1000.00 worth of property in Barren County to sign for your bond
- -Picture I.D.
- -$19 Recording Fee