loader image
Learn about the safe, effective COVID-19 vaccines and find where to get vaccinated at vaccine.ky.gov

Barren County Clerk’s Office Passport Services FAQ

Q. How much does a U.S. Passport cost?

A. Current passport fees can be found HERE.

Q. Where are you located?

A. Barren County Clerk’s Office (inside the Barren County Government Building)
117 North Public Square Suite 1A, Glasgow, Ky 42141

Q. What are your hours of operation?

A. The Passport Services Department is open from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.  Please note that at this time, we are not able to process applications for Passports over the weekend.

Q. Do you accept credit or debit cards?

A. No. All fees payable to the Department of State must be paid by check or money order. All fees to the Barren County Clerk’s Office (execution fees) must be paid by check, money order, or cash. These fees are not refundable.

Q. Where can I obtain a certified copy of my Birth Certificate?

A. If you need to order a certified copy of your Birth Certificate, you can visit http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/w2w.htm.

Q. I am visiting another country and need a visa. Can you help me with that?

A. Visas are travel documents issued by individual governments. As such, we are unable assist you with the visa application process. You will need to contact the nearest embassy or consulate of the country you wish to visit.

Q. What is a Passport Card?

A. The U.S. Passport Card can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry and is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book. The passport card cannot be used for international travel by air.

Q. Do I need the Passport Book or the Passport Card?

A. The short answer – if you’re flying anywhere, you need the book. If you’re taking a cruise, check with your cruise line to see what sort of documentation will be needed at the various ports of call. If you still have questions, please call the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778. 

Q. Why was my passport application declined?

A. Unfortunately, the Passport Application Acceptance Facility here at the Barren County Clerk’s Office does not issue Passports, does not decide who does and does not get a Passport, and is unable to inquire about the status of an application on your behalf. If your application was declined, the United States Department of State will contact you (usually by letter) with instructions on how to submit any additional documentation they may require. It is important that you follow those instructions.

Q. Do I need to expedite my application?

A. That is your decision. We recommend taking a look at the current processing times and using your best judgment.

Q. What if my question wasn't answered here, or I need further clarification?

A. If this is the case, please visit the Department of State’s FAQ Page.

Skip to content